Monday, May 29, 2006

A Curtis English haircut

Tommy Tomoff (photo courtesy of Leon Rue)

Hargrave has been my Camp David Retreat. Whenever I cross the Chatham Town Limits, I would automatically start feeling like my old 17 yr. old Hargrave self again, forgetting all of my troubles, burdens of life. I've been driving or flying down to get my Curtis English Haircut every 3 months, since I left in 1969, which has enabled me to not ever feel a day over 17 going on 38 years now.

While at Hargrave, I had aspirations of becoming 5 Star General. Instead, God gave me a higher calling, yet however, He did allow me to discover what Ole Ponce never found. The poor soul was born 450 years too early, and he was 900 miles off course. Had he been a Hargrave Alumnus, and gotten himself a Curtis English Haircut 3 months after he graduated, he would have immediately realized his Fountain of Youth!

Well, if you're not feeling like your old 17 yr. old Hargrave Self any more, let me strongly encourage you to hop in your car, and head on over to Curtis' house. He is retired, but he has a barber chair in his basement for "The Faithful". Especially if you're paying more than $5 for your haircut, and if it isn't lasting you any three months! Not to mention the added perpetual added benefit of starting to feel like your old 17 yr. old Hargrave Self Again!

Curtis' house is located on top of the first hill on the left hand side off of Hwy 57 West on the way to Martinsville. You'll see his gravel drive way 10' parallel to the road so be sure to slow down as you approach the first hill because it will be a quick zig and zag, and before you know it, you'll see his red brick house on your left as you drive up the drive way.

Just park around back, and go down the only down steps to the basement, and he'll be waiting for you. Well, he normally cuts hair on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings, but if he knows you're coming, he'll try to be there for you just as long as he doesn't have any weddings or funerals to officiate.

Oh yeah, he's been a Church of the Brethren Preacher for about 15 years now. He tried to retire from that a few years ago, but they wouldn't let him. They love him too much.

Tommy Tomoff
hargrave1969@yahoo.com
Class of '69

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that particular model. The prices as regards the boots are about 170 dollars everwhere. But definitively I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you say about it?